Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Good news and Sad News

The Sad News First:

Jaxon tested positive for Influenza A. This is just the flu, but a really contagious one. The people most in danger are older people and babies. So... Jaxon is quarantined from Blake which means he is quarantined from me. My mom willingly took Jaxon for me when I couldn't watch him. The worst part is my mom says he is over his fever and hasn't thrown up since she's been with him. But he's contagious for a week, so I can't be with him until Sunday. Paul is going to take Thursday off so he can take Jaxon. Luckily, my mom was so willing to help and Jaxon is feeling better. I miss him terribly, I tear up if I think about it too much!!

The Good News Next:

We went for Kaja's surgery consultation yesterday. The doctor doesn't think Kaja needs surgery. She was impressed at Kaja's range of motion and her abilities. I told them I don't have any one to compare Kaja's CP to so I don't know what is mild. She said Kaja has extremely mild CP. At Kaja's next round of Botox, they are just going to cast her legs (with walking casts) and that will give her 5 - 10 degrees more motion. She would only have to wear the casts for 2 weeks and would be able to walk around still. I'm glad that we have good doctors that know what is best for Kaja.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm so sorry Jaxon is sick! (((Hugs)))

Anonymous said...

So sorry Andrea...
Please call me if you need anything.

Deborah said...

That is awful that Jaxon is sick...being away from him I'm sure is really rough. I'm so glad you get to see him tomorrow! Also, I'm glad that Kaja doesn't need surgery! You guys have been through a lot these past few years; I admire you so much.

Em and Jorg said...

Is he back yet? How are you doing?