Thursday, May 19, 2011

Jaxon's Sock Fetish

This is mostly for our record, so that we don't forget. But you'll get a good laugh anyway!

Jax loves his socks! I mean LOVES! He doesn't go a minute without them. He usually gets dressed first thing in the morning so he can wear them.

Every summer, I have to talk him into wearing sandals. This includes bribery and it usually takes a week or two for him to finally wear them. Once he wears sandals, he's fine, it's just getting him to that point.

Last week, I said I would give him a dollar if wore sandals. In all seriousness, he looked at me and said, "Dad already gave me a dollar last night". Apparently, he didn't need another because he already had one. Needless to say, that day, he wore socks.

That night I told him that tomorrow he wasn't wearing socks. He asked if I was going to sit in front of the sock drawer. I said yes. He said, "But you always sit on the bed, not in front of the sock drawer. You have to sit on the bed." The next morning, he was laying in his bed. He said the reason he wears socks is because our house is cold. He got out of bed with a big smile on his face. I looked at him and he had socks on! He said he put them on during the night, since I wasn't going to let him wear socks. He is working the system!! Paul and I got a good laugh!! We could just see his little brain working. "If she's not going to let me wear socks tomorrow and sit in front of the drawer, I'll put them on tonight". Needless to say, that day, he wore socks.

The next day, I got up and he was in the hall already dressed with socks on!!

3 comments:

Rylee said...

i knew he was into socks but wow! that's obsessed! so funny that he put them on in the night. smart little stinker!

Dave and Amy said...

That is hilarious! I love him so much!

Leanne said...

That is awesome! what a cute kid.