Thursday, January 28, 2010

Reflections of a mother...

I read a blog yesterday that really got me thinking. I thought I'd share my thoughts on motherhood.

Being a mother is THE hardest thing that I've ever done. I managed 200+ junior high students and it doesn't even compare to raising 3 kids. Paul and I are trying to teach our kids to be good kids that are responsible, polite, respectful, fun to be around, etc. I think this is what most parents want for their kids. This means a lot of teaching, repeating things, and time-outs along the way. The frustration can be overwhelming, and sometimes I get bogged down. I was telling my mom the other day that there isn't a day that goes by that I don't do a "chore". When I was growing up, it never occurred to me that I would be doing chores every day of my life. I think if I had, I would have appreciated the fact that I didn't have as many chores as now. But as I come home, I appreciate my house. I love that it's mine and the peace and comfort I feel here.

I have good kids who love life. Everything is so exciting to them and it's amazing seeing life through their eyes. We are trying to make it to Disneyland when Paul is done with his MBA. Everyday, I see Kaja's excitement when she talks about the real princesses she is going to see. I see Jaxon who loves his sister, even through all the fighting and arguing. They play really well together (most of the time). He says and does everything that she does. I see Blake exploring and learning new things every day. He has been running a low fever the fast couple days and he will just lay his head down on my chest.

I have an amazing husband who works EXTRA hard at work so that I can stay home with our kids. He endures my changes in mood and my endless phone calls. I appreciate the hard work and few hours of sleep he gets a night so that he can provide for our family.

I'm not very good with my words and this post doesn't completely capture my thoughts, but I am glad to be a mother. There was a time when I didn't think I would be. I'm grateful to Heavenly Father who has blessed my life with 3 amazing children whom I love with all my heart. Even through the boredom, frustration, and work I am glad to be a mother!!

4 comments:

Dave and Amy said...

I shouldn't have read this at work because it made me cry, but at least it's still early and nobody else is here yet. I love you Andrea and you are one of the best moms I know. Between my mom, you, Stacy and Rylee, I can't think of anyone that is a better mom. And I love your kids, they are amazing, fun, sweet and everything else and so are all my other nieces and nephews. I love you guys.

Anonymous said...

This might not sound much to you but it is to me. I would trust you with my children.
You are an amazing Mom Andrea

Unknown said...

You are a great mother too!

Jim Hadlock said...

Andrea--I hope you know how much we love you and appreciate the way you take care of and love some of the most important people in our lives. Three of our beautiful and miraculous grandchildren and one of our amazing sons. Some day this special time in your life will be over and take my word for it you will miss your babies but the fine people they become because of you will bring you even greater joy.