This kid keeps you on your toes! Here are some of his antics!!
- He learned to open the safety door knobs at 2 years old!
- He can climb up on the counters using the drawers as a ladder!
- He can open the safety closures on drawers by pushing the button down! (I can barely do this)
- He climbs on the shelves in our pantry to get to stuff on the top shelf!
- He climbs up and over the gate to get either up or down stairs. (I use the gate to keep them where I am)
This was the latest story! It was aggravating, however, it was funny!! If you know Jax, you know he LOVES fruit snacks. When I teach piano, he can go through a whole box because I can't watch him as closely. I put them on the top shelf in our pantry. From the bullet above, you can see that doesn't work. It does slow him down sometimes. Well, lately, it hasn't been working at all. I usually have to go buy a box on Saturday for church because he's ate them all gone during the week. It was getting annoying. So yesterday, I put them on top of fridge.
I was upstairs doing laundry and I asked him to go get Blake's pacifier. He climbs over the gate to go downstairs and then comes back upstairs, climbing over the gate again. With a mouthful of fruit snacks he tells me he can't find Blake's paci. I asked him how he got the fruit snacks. He said he just climbed up. I go downstairs and the box of fruit snacks is on the counter. He has pushed Blake's walker out of the pantry and up to the counter. So he had to climb on the walker, up on the countertop, and reached to the top of the fridge!!
AARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!
How do I keep stuff away from this kid? He can open any safety knob or lock. He can climb on anything to get what he wants!
Like I said, don't be fooled, he's a sneaky one.
Oh yeah, and I LOVE HIM LIKE CRAZY!! Even though, he sometimes makes me crazy!!

2 comments:
Poor Mommy! Sounds like a Hadlock boy. But not Paul or Reece.
Oh, man! This sounds just like my kids! Is NOTHING sacred!!!? My kids (though older than Jax) climb everything and take whatever they want--gum, snacks, MY candy, scissors, tape, cookies... It never ends. There is no shelf too high, no hiding spot secret enough (I swear they can smell chocolate), and no consequence powerful enough to keep them from sneaking things. Ah, such is life.
Post a Comment