Thursday, July 19, 2007

I did it!!

Paul left for scout camp yesterday around 3:00. He won't be back until Saturday and then he's off to Salt Lake for the RSL game against Everton.

I took both kids to Wendy's for some Chicken Nuggets and then to Costco to pick up some pictures I had printed. Then we came home and played. I had both kids fed, happy, and in bed by 9:18 (of course, Kaja had to talk in bed until 10). My TV was acting up and so I lost half of So You Think You Can Dance. Good thing, my mom records it for Christine.

More amazing than all of this was that I wasn't scared at all. I used to be a scaredy cat when it came to being alone in a house. In high school, I would sleep with my door closed no matter how hot it got (we only had a swamp cooler) because if a robber came to our house, I thought it would bypass my door. I was crazy, I know. Even when we were first married, I didn't like being alone in the house. Last night, I wasn't scared at all. It's so nice to finally be growing up and not being scared!!

No comments: