Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kaja's First Day of Kindergarten

Kaja officially started Kindergarten today.

Her first day outfit. She picked the one she wanted to wear from all her school clothes.

Showing off her magic backpack, it GLITTERS!

Waiting for the bus. Her bus driver called the other day and said that I could just follow her in the bus. Her bus was supposed to come at 11:58 (school starts at 12:15). At 12:05, it still hadn't come. I was just getting ready to drive her when the bus came. Kaja got on and I loaded up the boys. There were 2 other moms from our ward already following the bus.


When we got to the school, she was already lined up in the hall. She looked a little nervous, but excited. I'm pretty sure she was the littlest one in her class. The girl on the left is from our ward!

The kids walked down the hall with her teacher and all the parents followed. They were supposed to find their name and put their backpack in the cubby. Kaja stood back and finally told her teacher she couldn't find her name. Her teacher helped her and then told her to go find her name tag. She went and found it quickly and then went and sat down. We then left. Kaja just got home about an hour ago.

She said she had a fun time and liked sitting next to Olivia. I can't believe she's old enough to go Kindergarten.

6 comments:

Dave and Amy said...

This one made me cry too! I can't believe our little Kaja is in Kindergarten! It seems like just yesterday that she came home so little and hooked up with all those tubes and machines and now she is in Kindergarten. I can't believe it.

Dave and Amy said...

I forgot to say how cute she looks in her new school clothes. The backpack is cute too, but it looks huge on her!

Unknown said...

She definately has a good style sense. She looks adorable!

Denise said...

She may be the smallest, but the cutest! Darling outfit! Oh, I'm crying too. It's hard to let her go and do things on her own. ALTHOUGH it's how it's supposed to be, right??

Jim Hadlock said...

This is Jill: these two posts just about did me in for the week. I thought we would have to cancel all our appointments because I was blubbering too much. Not just when I read them but all day!!! Kaja looks darling in her school clothes and HUGE backpack! I miss her sooooo much!

Unknown said...

I can't believe she's in Kindergarten...and your kids...their all growing up...your little baby is so big now!!!