During the first time she was in, I could tell she was starting to cry, but trying to hold back the tears. When she came off and saw me, she started crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "I can't get to the ball." I couldn't think of anything encouraging or supportive to say, so I just cried. Yes, I cried!
Each time she went in, she tried so hard. She would fall and get up so fast you wouldn't even know she fell. It started to rain and so they took a 1/2 time. She stayed on the field, with no one there and just kicked the ball down the field. Later, she got in the magnet ball mess and got knocked pretty good. She popped right up and was crying. Her coach asked if she wanted to come off, she said no, she wanted to stay. I told her to wipe her tears and she kept going.
I was so proud of her! Other kids her age would have given up, she just kept going and trying to play. It'll be a while before she really understands how proud I was of her. I love her to pieces and she is such a good example of trying and working at something difficult.


5 comments:
So hard for a mother to see. I might have cried too.
On the bright side - a year ago Cassidy played soccer and was on a team with a girl who was just an animal. She was fast and aggressive and a really great little player. It wasn't until the spring half of the season when I sat next to her mom during one game and she told me the girl had mild cerebral palsy. Only then did I notice that she favored one side when she ran and had a slight limp when walking slowly. Just tell Kaja to keep trying!
I just sat here and cried reading the story. I love that little girl so much! Can't wait to see her this coming week and to go to a soccer game.
WOW! Aren't we all the bawl babies. I think we are a bit protective of that sweet little thing! You are a great MOM Andi. I know Kaja was meant to come to you, because you CAN handle what comes. I love you both!
She is just amazing and has been from the day she was born! I wish I had half the gumption she does! I too am so proud of her and her parents. We are so blessed to have her in our family. I loved watching her run. She looked GREAT!
What a girl!! Go Kaja! I'm so proud of her. These are the things that are life-long lessons. I love how she great she is at picking herself back up. What great character she has!
Post a Comment