In our ward and stake they have been talking a lot about preparedness and food storage. It is even in the Ensign. A lady from my ward talked in Stake Conference about living off their food storage for 2 months when money was tight. And then she participated in a week long event for the stake. She even made sour cream and cream cheese herself. We were asked this question:
HOW LONG COULD YOU LIVE OFF YOUR FOOD STORAGE?
Sad to say that Paul and I and our family wouldn't survive at all. We don't have any food storage.
So my challenge is this: GET FOOD STORAGE!!
I am going to be researching the things to get and I'll post it here if any one wants to join me in my quest to start my food storage. The lady in my ward talked about how you start with one day's worth, which then turns into a week, then a month, and so on. The church has encouraged us to have a 3 month supply. I hope to be able to say in a while that our family would survive!!
4 comments:
Way to go Andrea, you've got lots of room in that fabulous pantry of yours too!! I need your pantry, we don't have the space for much food storage.
yeah can we just kep our food storage at your house and we can just come get it when we need it! :)
Good idea!! I have a fun little handout that divides your food storage into 12 months. Then you just do a little bit each month. If you want it, let me know!!!
You go girl! Count me in. Send me anything you find.
Post a Comment