I'm so proud of her! It breaks my heart to see her in them. I was thinking that this is too much to ask of a 5 year old. She is so tolerant and patient with her struggles. She has hardly complained.
The first application. She has a stockinette on with padding at her knee and around her ankles. Then it is wrapped in a cotton fabric. You can see her therapist Beth in the picture. She has helped us so much with Kaja!!
All done, waiting for Beth to take her to the other room for the casting material!
She laid on her stomach for easier application!!
Beth put on 2 layers of material, pulled the stockinette down and over her toes to create a soft edge.
All finished! 6 layers of materials and cast shoes = very heavy legs!!
For the first day we were supposed to elevate her legs to allow for circulation. She didn't want to stop at all. So this is all she got!

3 comments:
oh kaja. she is such a trooper. we love her so much.
Sweet, brave little Kaja. From the cay she was born she has had to go through things none of the rest of us could even imagine. She has always been uncomplaining. Maybe we should all learn from her example. Please give her a big hug from us and tell her we love her.
Sweet little girl. Love her so much. I feel like I want to buy her a treat!
Post a Comment