Friday, October 26, 2007

Kaja got Botox

Today, we went to Primary Children's to see Kaja's specialist. Kaja ended up getting 3 injections of Botox. Not in her face, but in her legs. This will help her tight muscles relax and then she'll be able to stretch and strengthen her muscles without the tightness.

It was pretty amazing, they hooked up electrodes to her muscles. It tracks the electric current running through the muscles to help the doctor know where to put the injections. It took 4 of us to hold Kaja down, because she wanted to "go to Wal-Mart and get some milk." The doctor was counting the shots and through her tears, Kaja counted with her. It takes about 7-10 days for the full effect to work. In the meantime, we are to do a lot of stretching and just play and run. The Botox works better in active muscles.

She is such a trooper and I love her so much. I'm so glad I was chosen to be her mommy.

2 comments:

Rylee said...

I am too because that means I get to be her aunt!! She amazes me.

Denise said...

She did so well. Aren't we glad for the medical profession? Not only the doctors but the treatments and medicine. They all played a big part, and continue to, for Kaja, our miracle.