So...where to start??!!
This morning I im'ed Paul the following comment: "Why do you think I'm always bored and looking for something to do?"
I've been struggling with this for sometime. I feel like I'm always doing chores; which as we all know is not fun at all. I am taking care of my kids and trying to make our house a home and I feel like I tend to forget about myself. I also feel like I'm not content having nothing to do and just staying around the house for the day. Even if it is getting out to Wal-Mart, I feel like that's something. Do I have an attention problem, that I always feel like I have to have something to do and be entertained?
Paul always gives me the same advice, find a hobby, something little to make me happy and just be for me. Paul is really good at this, he bikes, loves being outside, etc. But what do I enjoy? I have things that I like to do: crochet, sew, puzzles, read. But sometimes that just doesn't cut it! Sometimes, I just want to get out and spend money, but that only fixes it for a while and I would end up putting us in bankruptcy.
AAAARRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!
Even trying to write what I'm feeling is frustrating. Well..thanks for listening. I'm sure my friends and family will have a great comment and I'm looking forward to it, I need all the help I can get!!!
3 comments:
I know what you mean. Just going to Costco sometimes feels like a BIG outing. Here's my advice....we need to hang out more!! Even if its just taking the kids for a happy meal or something. I also have passes to the zoo that could get us all in free. Before it gets too cold we should do that!
Don't forget though that when you are home with your kids, being their mom, and doing all of those boring things around the house that you are doing the most important job on earth. Your kids appreciate it so much even though they can't tell you. Just being at home for them is so important. But yes, I know how you feel. If there are days that I don't leave the house I get cranky and just feel like I HAVE to get out.
Also I know there are cooking classes that are held at the Bosch store, Stacy and I have talked about doing them before. That would be a fun thing to get out and do.
Anyway, we need to get together and just hang out. And we should start doing girls lunch days...you, me, Stacy, Gwen and Jill. That could be fun to do every other week or something. Paul and Reece could watch the kids and we could do lunch or window shop, or pedicures or something. Nothing too expensive so we don't bankrupt our husbands. :)
Hey you! drop me a line sometime.
Rylee has some great ideas. It is tough. It is a blessing and privilege to be able to be home with the kids. Now you know it's the hardest job "anyone" can do. It has it's rewards, and not always do you see the result quickly. It takes time. It will come though sweetie. You are a great mom and wife and homemaker. Remember the 'invisible woman'? Did I send that to you? You need to read it.
Post a Comment