Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A new serger and a new project

A while ago, I posted that Paul got me a sewing/serger machine. Well... after many tears and frustration, we sent the machine back. Long story, short. I ended up calling the distributor, he was supposed to fix it. And he said that it is a basic machine that wouldn't do what I wanted it to. So, he had me send it back and he gave me this serger for only $70 more. I've been dying to get it and today it came. It is amazing!!

I was wanting a new swimsuit this year, but didn't want to pay the price. A few years ago, I had mine custom made and it cost $60. Well.. now they are up to $75. So, I decided to make my own. The material cost $17 and I have enough to make 1.5 swimsuits.

I made this all today!! Here are the bottoms:

The top:
Together:
I am going to make a swim skirt to go with it. And also a cute swimsuit coverup.

I am thinking of venturing into making these for other people as well. I have an offer out to sisters and sisters-in-laws first if they want one!! I have a couple patterns to choose from and I can customize them a little, add length, combine 2 patterns. Then we'll go from there!!

2 comments:

Rylee said...

If we can find material that I want I'd love to have you make me one. I am wanting a black and white tankini that's a halter top. Let me know if you can do something like that!

stacy h. said...

andrea, i am impressed! good job. i want one! and i want you to teach me your "skills" :)