Friday, May 16, 2008

A post about Kaja

Kaja has been giving Paul and I a run for our money. She is so independent right now and isn't listening very well. We are working on obedience and tone of her voice. My dad would always say, "It's not what you say, it's the tone". This has meant a few more time-outs than normal. I have to work and pray for patience because I know that sometimes I don't help the situation.

Sometimes you give her what you think will be a punishment and she says yes and does it.

"Do you want to go to your room with no toys"
"Yes" and she goes.

"Do you want to sit on time-out"
"Yes" and she does.

I try and remind myself that it's 10 times easier to discipline now than later. Because really most of the time she is a great girl, so willing to help and be a good big sister. It's just those few times that are really trying.

However, I am so grateful that I am her mom and can teach her to be obedient and a good girl.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That sounds just like Max! LOL! When you figure out what works, you'll have to give me some tips!

stacy h. said...

i bet it's hard to ever get mad at her. you are a good mom andrea, you are doning great!