Last night after we put the kids to bed, Paul came and told me our luck wasn't working for us. The surge protector to our freezer had been turned off and all our meat was gone. It had been a few days and everything was defrosted and messy. We lost all our meat, hamburger, roasts, T-bones, Filet Mignon's, everything. We had used a lot, but still had a ton left. Paul said I'd need to clean it today. Well..the stink was too bad and we ended up cleaning it up last night. We threw away all the meat. There was blood everywhere and the smell made me leave a couple times.
I felt horrible. I've been pretty hard on myself lately and this was so hard. I should have caught that the freezer wasn't running. I go in there several times a day. But I'm trying to live by my new motto: "Life's too short". But this one might take me a while to get over!!
3 comments:
Oh man I feel sick for you! That is horrible!
You know babe, others have done it too. Don't be hard on yourself. You can't be everywhere, every time. Love ya
That's def not your fault Andrea, Sh*t happens- it's Paul's fault LOL. Don't let it get you down. I am glad I wasn't there to clean up all that spoiled meat though. That might have put me off meat for like a day! :-D
Post a Comment