Whew!! I didn't post much last week because Paul had the camera with him in Nauvoo and I didn't want to slip up and say he was gone (in case a creepie reads my blog).
Kaja and I worked on potty training. I wanted to surprise Paul that she had gone in the toilet. It didn't work!! She got closer, but not quite, then she got sick and it was all over!
One night Kaja started running a mysterious fever. She was fine and woke up from her nap burning up. She gets delirious with her fevers. She would cry every 5 minutes, had numerous bad dreams about bees, ants, and helicopters. I even tried putting her in bed with me. Nothing was working. I was getting frustrated and not handling the situation very well. At 3 am, I took her downstairs, gave her a drink and a pudding. She finally went to sleep after that. She was fine and never had anything else besides the fever.
Then we went to Paul's work party without him. His boss is so great and let me bring someone to help with the kids. It was at Boondocks. Jaxon was fine and acting great and then I went to get drinks and Kevin was with Jaxon. When I came back Jaxon was crying and never stopped. We have no idea what was wrong, but he cried the entire time we were there. For those of you who know Jaxon, you know this is very weird. He is a really good baby. We tried to still do some activities, Kaja and I went on the boats. There were only 5 people in line and some punk teenager just aimed his squirt gun on us and was just drilling us. Kaja was freaking out and the kid wouldn't stop. Then Kevin went on the Go Karts. We went inside to play some games. I'm really bad at Deal or No Deal and lost the 5 biggest cases with my first 5 picks. I ended up with only 3 tickets. We had a great time, but Jaxon was finished. We left early and Kaja was sad, but she liked the blow up hammer we got her with our tickets.
On Friday, I decided to take Kaja to her first movie. I'm going to sign Kaja ad I up for the Summer Movie Series at Provo Towne Center. I wanted to make sure she would do ok. We went and saw Horton Hears a Who at the Dollar Theater. Kaja enjoyed it, but Jaxon was a pill. He was walking around and then fell into a chair and onto the cement floor. Needless to say we left early, Kaja was sad, but Jaxon wouldn't stay any longer.
So...it was frustrating that everything fun I tried ended up as a bust. But we survived and Paul came home a day early, thank goodness.
No comments:
Post a Comment