So.... I've had a hard time keeping my house clean. I know that this is just what is normal for mom's and little kids, but it is DRIVING me CRAZY!! It seems like just when I get a room cleaned, it get dirty! OR I just clean one room and another one starts calling. AAARRRRGGHHH!!
It doesn't help either that Jaxon and Kaja (it's hard to say which one does it more) carries toys/objects from one room to the next. Jaxon likes to empty the drawers in our bathroom. I find the brush everywhere, deodorant in the garbage, etc. When either Paul or I go take a bath, there is some toy that was dropped in the tub. I try to not let the cleaning get in the way of me playing with my kids. But at the same time, it's hard to play with them and look around and see so many things "out of place"
With all that said, now to the title of my post!! Does anyone have any good ideas for keeping your houses clean? And not having it take all your time and energy? It's maddening!! I know there are lots of you out there who are excellent homemakers!! I NEED YOUR HELP!!
5 comments:
Hey Andrea! I can't help you with this, I'm NOT a good homemaker. My house is never clean. :-) I really need to get better at it!
Anders Anders Anders!! I have split my chores throughout the week, for example, kitchen, every other day, vacuum, every other day, bathrooms, thursday, bedsheets, wednesday, 1 load of laundry each day. If I do it this way, i am done by 10:00 or so in the morning. Then the little messes! Don't let it bug ya. It isn't worth it. Just do a quick pick up before nap time, and then bed time. My kids used to be HORRIBLE, but they are getting better. As they get older, it will get easier! Hope this helps!
My dad came over to my house when you and Leslie were about 4 and 3 and I complained to him about the same stuff. He told me not to worry about a clean house, just make sure my kids are happy, healthy, secure and loved. He told me to count my blessings.
Hire a maid once a week. If you can't afford to do that I think Jill and Denise have a lot of extra time on their hands and they'd be happy to clean up after you 4 :)
I have no good ideas because I feel the same way! :)
Post a Comment