For any of you who know Jaxon, you know that he is an easy baby. He has always taken naps, been good tempered and an all around good baby. Well, these last 2 days have been no different!!
For starters, Jaxon is truly a PACIFIER baby!! When he was really little, he started liking his thumb and I didn't want any part of that, so I gave him a pacifier more than I normally would. And he has loved it. I don't let him have it constantly, but he always wants it!! Not that he necessarily needs it because he's not cranky, he just like to let it "hang" out in his mouth. I've needed to wean him of it for a while, but have put it off because I knew it would be bad. But I really wanted him off it when the new baby comes.
Well, yesterday on Sunday, he woke up from his afternoon nap. I took it from him like I always do. We had lunch and then went to church. He didn't ask for it once. Then when we got home, he still never asked for it. We went to my grandma's for dinner. When we were home about 7:30, I told Paul, "Have you realized Jax hasn't had his pacifier all day". So we were getting him ready for bed and I told Paul that I was going to see what he did when he climbed in bed. There are 2 places that you can count on him asking for it: bed and the car. NOPE!! He still didn't ask for it. I didn't know if he'd make it all night, but he sure did!! He woke up in the morning, same time as usual, acting as if he never had his pacifier. He went all day today without asking for it as well. We ran a lot of errands today in the car and like I said he always asks for it in the car, but not today.
So to not make a long post even longer. He is now officially weaned off his pacifier and HE DID IT ALL HIMSELF. The weird thing too is that by "asking" for it, he doesn't always ask for it, sometimes he just cries and is cranky and I give him the pacifier and it fixes it. But since yesterday, he's been happier and not even "needed" it to help with the fussiness.
I LOVE THIS KID!!!
3 comments:
What a good little boy. I can't wait to see him. I hope he remembers me.
Good job Jaxon...you need to have a chat with Callie!
That is so nice!
Post a Comment