Monday, January 12, 2009

You don't know what you got until it's gone

Our microwave has been on the fritz lately. It would give an error message that the keypad had shorted out. We'd have to unplug it and then when we would plug it back in it would work. Well, even that started to not work. Our warranty was up (by only a few days)! The guy that fixes our appliances was out of town last week. That means I was without a microwave for a week.

I had no idea the basic things I used it for. I got my kids Easy Mac out and then realized I didn't have a microwave. I wanted microwave popcorn, again no microwave. We had a lot of left overs last week, not microwave. We warmed a few things up on the stove, but that was a big pain.

This morning the guy came to fix it. Turns out it was a pretty easy fix. He thinks it was the wire that connects to the computer. If that doesn't fix it, then he'll order us a new keypad, which he says isn't a big deal either.

Either way, I'm just happy that right now I have a microwave!!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

We lived without a microwave for a while, and it was horrible! I'm glad it was an easy fix!