So....my glucose test is coming up on Thursday. I'm dreading it!! With Jax, I had to force myself to finish the drink and no sooner had I finished it, then it all came right back up. Luckily my doctor didn't make me do it again.
Any tricks to getting it to stay down?
4 comments:
oh that stinks. what is the drink like? is it really chalky or something? my doctor didn't have me do it with ryder but i did it with this pregnancy and the drink was like really sweet gatorade. not pleasant but didn't make me throw up.
You can also substitute a full sized candy bar and a 12 oz can of soda pop. The downside of that is that you have to down it all in the same 15-20 minutes you have to drink the glucose preparation. Upside -- you get to pick your own poison, so to speak.
The one my Dr. gives me tastes like orange soda, so I have no ideas, just wishing you good luck! Hopefully it tastes better this time around.
I know this is late and I hope that you don't have to do another test. When I worked for a diabetic diagnostic company we found that there is the same ammount of sugar and response time in a king size snicker bar and those drinks. So with both boys I did just ate the candybar. The MD's can't recommend it beacuse of the FDA and documentation , but it tells them what they need to know and tastes a lot better.
Post a Comment