Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A new haircut for Kaja

Kaja was making notes for people, cutting paper and such. She was having a great time and entertaining herself. I went in a while later and was pushing her on the swing. I noticed that her hair looked weird. I said "Kaja did you cut your hair." She said, "Yes I did". I looked over to where she was sitting and there were locks of her hair on the floor. Luckily it wasn't as bad as it could have been, she only cut to her chin, not her scalp.

We could have tried to layer it, but there were weird pieces underneath that would have been hard to blend. So she just got a bob. She keeps saying how funny her hair is!


9 comments:

Christine said...

i think it's cute!!

B Flat Major said...

It always pains a mother's heart to see pieces of hair on the floor that used to be attatched to a 4 year old's head -- but the haircut really is darling. You can tell her some weird lady she's never met thinks it isn't weird at all! Way cute.

Denise said...

It is really cute. Your dad is excited to see her short hair. Funny story, though. You will laugh some day my dear.

Dave and Amy said...

I love it! She looks so cute and grown up. When you style it curly, post another picture. I want to see what it looks like curly too.

Leslie said...

super cute! I guess that is one way to get your hair cut short if your mom doesn't want it, right!! :)

Brandon and Tina Goss said...

Her hair looks way cute!

Rylee said...

its really cute! i'm glad she didn't cut it at the scalp like most kids do!

Jim Hadlock said...

She would look cute bald!! But it is an upsetting thing for a mother to go through. I remember when Ryan was three and Amy was eighteen months he cut his hair to the scalp right in front and then took the scissors to Amy's hair. I was devastated.

Anonymous said...

That last comment was Jill not Jim.