Yesterday was a very long day and I'm glad it's over with. This is how it went:
Kaja had a follow-up appointment at Primary Children's to make sure her bowels are in working order. The appointment was at 9:40. With all the snow, I knew it was going to take a long time, so I rushed and got the kids up and out the door by 7:40. Mind you, I forgot breakfast! It took 40 minutes just to get to the point of the mountain. After that, the roads were much clearer and we made good time. We made it up there by 9:00. So, we grabbed some breakfast in the cafeteria. We got to our appointment at 9:35. Kaja passed with flying colors and the doctor was very pleased at how well she is doing!!
We drove home, the roads were much better!
My mom was driving home from Leslie's in Payson. I asked if she would mind stopping by to help me put the mattress pad on Kaja's bed. Meanwhile, I took a detour to the post office. With 4th South closed in Springville, I took what I thought would be the faster detour!! WRONG!!! The detour took me from 400 South to 1700 North then clear back to Center Street. HINT: If you drive in Springville, don't take the left detour off the freeway.
Well, when we finally got back, my mom had snow blowed most of my driveway. Thanks mom!! We took apart Kaja's bed, put the mattress pad on, and then put her bed back together. P.S. I'm not just wimpy and can't do this myself, I have 2 excuses. It's the top bunk and I'm pregnant!
After my mom left, I fed my kids lunch and we all went down for naps. Jax's nap was cut short by a poopy diaper!! I was downstairs sweeping my floor, when I hear a loud bang and Kaja crying. Yep, she fell off her bunk bed. Luckily this time (last time, she was jumping on her bed and fell off head first) she was just climbing down the ladder and missed some steps. She said her foot hurt and she wouldn't walk on it. I got her to try and she fell after one step. I put a movie on for her and did some chores. As I was making dinner, she would either crawl over to me or ask me to carry her. I was concerned and ended up taking her to the InstaCare. Turns out no broken bones, just a bad bruise. Which I thought was the case, but you never know with that little one!
We came home watched a little TV and then went to bed! Like I said in the beginning, it was a long day and I'm glad we survived!!
1 comment:
Yeah, not to mention that co-pays started all over again! So sorry, a day at the spa sounds a lot better than what you actually had. Hope things get better
Post a Comment