So.. we finally were able to go see the doctor to help us figure out why Kaja has difficulty with potty training (after waiting 3 months for an appointment). Turns out she has "Stool withholding behavior" and "Chronic Stool Retention". A fancy way of saying, she holds it and is constipated.
We get to clean her out and then keep her regular all in hopes of getting potty trained. And, she is supposed to drink 40 oz. of fluid and 9 grams of fiber a day.
I'm really excited at the possibility of this. And I hope it happens before April, so I don't have 3 kids in diapers!!
1 comment:
Oh man, good luck with that. I don't envy you at all, but I applaud your attempt to help her get trained before the baby comes. Smart move. Did they say anything about trying Miralax? My son took that for quite a while since he had a little trouble when he was little. The fiber and water is a more natural (and probably cheaper) way to go though.
P.S. I like how you waited 3 months to get into a specialist to tell you she is constipated. Doesn't it make you wish you had gone to med school so you could state the obvious to people and get paid for it??!!!! Poor Kaja...
Post a Comment