Friday, October 31, 2008

Kaja goes potty!

So, we've had a small break-through with potty training. Part of the deal is that 10 minutes after dinner, we take Kaja to the bathroom. So last night, my mom invited us over for dinner. I took her to the potty after. As I was getting her ready, she said, "Mom, I need to go potty." Sure enough, I put her on the potty and a few seconds later she had gone "pee-pee". I was so excited and happy! She was happy too!!

This morning, she woke up dry, which she never does. I was downstairs and she yelled, "Mom, I need to go potty." I said, ok, come down, let's go. I put her on and nothing, she told me it was stuck. So we got off and in about a half hour, she told me she needed to go "poo-poo". I told her if she did, we'd get something at the dollar store. I put her on and in a few seconds, she went "pee-pee". She was so excited to call her dad and tell him she went again.

She seems to think that she gets a baby from the dollar store now. I am having a hard time saying no since it is such a big deal that she tells me and then she goes.

4 comments:

Rylee said...

Yay Kaja!! Do you want to come over and teach Ryder? :)

Dave and Amy said...

YAY! I am so happy for her. Sounds like she will keep it up too! How exciting.

B Flat Major said...

Wahoo!! That is so awesome. Especially since she's told you first a couple of times. I get excited just if the kids will go when you put them on the toilet (I call that Mommy-Trained), and I fully expect the "tell mom first" part to come weeks later.

Take the kid to the Dollar store this time!

Nicole said...

Yeah Kaja! How exciting! And, I say go to the dollar store :-)