Today we headed up to Primary Children's for Botox for Kaja. This is only her 3rd round and Botox is only supposed to last about 3 months, and Kaja's is lasting longer so that is good. She did real good last time, but not so this time.
She had a hard time! They had some music therapists in there to sing to her. It's supposed to help with the pain. All I heard was a lot of loud music, a 4 year old crying, Jaxon banging on the drum (the drum Kaja was supposed to drum), and the hum from the electrodes on Kaja's legs. As soon as the procedure started, I'm sure they turned the temperature up in the room, I was so HOT!
After all was said and done, last time she only got 80 units in her right leg (40 per injection in each muscle). This time she got 100 units in each leg (50 per injection in each muscle), she got her left leg done as well. The nurse practitioner said that this time she might experience more initial weakness because of the amount and that both legs were done.
We came out ok and Kaja is doing great! We go back on May 11th to a Spasticity Clinic to see if a surgery would be beneficial for Kaja.
P.S. I went to Wal-Mart on the way home and they asked if I wanted to donate $1 to Primary Children's. I decided I needed to since they were so good with Kaja and she and Jaxon both came home with a stuffed animal.
1 comment:
Kaja is such a trooper. She NEVER complains. I love her.
Post a Comment