Thursday, November 15, 2007

Jaxon's fever

Yesterday, Jaxon got his 6 month shots and his flu shot. He didn't even cry for the first shot. Around 3:30, he started to kind of get cranky. He steadily got more and more cranky. Then he was really hot, his fever was 100.8. I called the after hours clinic and they told me to give him a bath and see if that would cool him off. Nope, he was still 100.8. So I ended up taking him in around 9:00. They wanted to check that it wasn't something else. They said it was probably just a reaction from his immunizations. They told me to give him some Motrin and that I would start to see a change the next day. I came home gave him medicine and fed him. He slept like a log until 5:30 to eat and is back asleep. He seemed to be doing much better this morning.

I am so grateful for a great pediatrician's office!!

1 comment:

Rylee said...

Poor little guy! Ryder got a fever after his flu shot too. It is no fun.