Tuesday, November 27, 2007

March of the Penguins

I have wanted to see this since it came out several years ago, but never got around to it. It was on Dish and so I DVR'ed it. It was really good. I was amazed at the sacrifices the penguin parents make for their chick. They made several trips to and from the breeding ground to the ocean which was over 70 miles each way. They endured over 80 degree below zero temperatures to keep their chicks warm. The whole process took 9 months, they would have 3 months off and then start all over again.

And I thought what we as mothers and fathers of children do is hard!!

1 comment:

Rylee said...

i loved it too. i watched it a while ago but i can remember crying in one part. amazing how a bunch of penguins can keep your attention for an entire movie.