Today Kaja had her 4 year check up with Doctor Cornish. She is 36 inches and 29.2 lbs. That puts her in the 8th percentile for weight and 1st percentile for height. However, she is in the 68th percentile for the BMI.
Doctor Cornish was very pleased with Kaja's progress. Every time I do a questionnaire to see how she is doing in different areas. He said that these are Kaja's highest scores and she isn't that far behind anymore. The average cut score for Gross Motor is 35 and she was at 30. She used to be at like 10. And since Gross Motor is her big challenge that is really awesome!!
He talked to me a lot about her potty training or lack thereof. I was explaining that she tells me after she has gone that she wants to go potty or needs to be changed. He said this is actually a good sign. If she weren't going potty because of bad behavior or for some other reason, she wouldn't tell me. She would either not tell me or hide it from me. He said that because she is telling me that she wants to go and be potty trained and that she wants to please Paul and me. So, he thinks there is a bigger concern and is sending us to a Gastroenterologist.
I called them this afternoon and they are opening their October schedule on Thursday and I have to call in then. She says it fills up fast and to call early. And I can be asked to be put on their cancellation list. If I don't ask, they don't put me on it. Whoever heard of such a stupid way to schedule? Why can't they just schedule you when you call?
Also, Doctor Cornish wants Kaja to play soccer. He said it will be really good for her. It will expose her weaknesses and force her to address them. He also said if she just runs around and even if she gets hit, she'll learn to adjust and play accordingly. Plus, he said it's super cute and fun to watch! I am SOOO excited to sign her up.
I am so proud of Kaja and all that she can do!! I LOVE YOU KAJA!!
5 comments:
I hope you can get into that specialist soon. What a dumb way to schedule!
Andi we are so blessed to have Kaja. She is my inspiration to be a better and stronger person. She teaches me to pick myself up and be happy all the time. She has conquered so many difficult situations in her young life. I love you too, Kaja.
What a sweet little girl. I will have to come to Utah just to watch her play soccer! How fun (and cute as the Doc said). Paul will have his first soccer player!
Kaja in soccer, HOW CUTE!
I can't believe the specialist makes it so hard to get in, that's dumb.
Andy - I had to schedule Rebecca with a GI specialist earlier in the year and I got the same ridiculous speech from the GI folks at Primary Children's. Afterwards I found out there are two other pediatric gastroenterologists with an office out in Murray. They are actually willing to schedule an apppointment when you call, even though it is still pretty far out, it is not as far as the other ones. Try calling Dr. Mizell or Dr. Harnsberger at 314-4455 or 312-4444. Good Luck!
Post a Comment