Yesterday I was pretty grumpy (ask Paul)!! Both my kids have colds and when Kaja gets a cold she gets mischievous, grumpy, defiant, etc. I had no patience and wasn't very understanding or helpful when she pulled attitude. In fact, it was kind of one of those days where I wanted to be grumpy (weird, I know).
We were at my neighbors playing on her playground and Kaja didn't want to come home. She was throwing me attitude and was grumpy. Then when we were crossing the street, she went in the street by herself, which she knows she can't do. When I asked her to stop, she just kept going. We got in the house and I started making her mac and cheese.
While I was feeding Jax and she was eating, she said, "Mom, this is good mac and cheese, you are good at making mac and cheese, thanks for making it for me."
I wondered how could she turn it on and off like that so fast. One minute she was being a pill and the next she was a sweet as can be. It made me feel bad because I was still dwelling on the getting home business. Like I was all of sudden the mean one because she was happy as can be. And then she'd say, "Are you happy mommy?" "Are you being nice?" It would amaze me that she can pick up on my mood and attitude so quickly and accurately.
She continued to do this all day. One minute a punk, the next my sweet Kaja. After we put them to bed and I was in bed reflecting on things. I thought this is a lesson we could all learn. Even if you are grumpy, you can pull out of it. Now, I know Kaja kept slipping back into grumpiness, but then she would forget. How many times have I been grumpy and just kept being grumpy instead of forgetting about it and pulling out of it?
I know this is philosophical, but it is something to consider.
1 comment:
Kylee does the same thing to me!! She will look at me and say, "Are you mad mommy?" They pick up on the moods very well!! I will say something to Jayce about being nice, and Kylee will look at me and say "Mom, you have to be nice!!!" I love the reminders!!!
Post a Comment