Monday, March 10, 2008

SPRING CLEANING

I don't really like the idea of Spring Cleaning, but I like the idea of a clean house. I made a checklist of items that need to be cleaned. I really enjoy checklists and the sense of accomplishments that you feel when you check it off. I have 106 items on my list and I want to get this done in 11 days (next Friday), so that means 10 items a day and only 6 on the last. I am going to try and tackle a room at a time.

My aunt told me once of a good way to clean baseboards. Put a sock on each hand, one damp and one dry. Use the wet sock to get the dust off and then use the dry sock.

Here is my list, if you want to join me!!

  • MUD ROOM
    Walls
    Floor
    Baseboards
    Coat Rack
    Toys
  • POWDER ROOM
    Walls
    Floor
    Baseboards
    Mirror
    Toilet
    Sink
  • HALLWAY
    Walls
    Floor
    Baseboards
  • FAMILY ROOM
    Walls
    Floor
    Baseboards
    DVDs
    Toys
  • DINING ROOM
    Walls
    Floor
    Baseboards
    Clean light
  • KITCHEN
    Walls
    Floor
    Baseboards
    Organize cupboards
    Organize Drawers
    Microwave
    Refrigerator/Freezer
  • PANTRY
    Walls
    Floor
    Baseboards
    Organize Shelves
  • LIVING ROOM
    Walls
    Floor
    Baseboards
    Pictures
    Entry Way
    Clean Front Door
  • STAIRS
    Walls
    Floor
    Baseboards
    Mirror
  • MASTER BEDROOM
    Walls
    Floor
    Baseboards
    Mirror
    Nightstands
  • MASTER BATHROOM
    Walls
    Floor
    Baseboards
    Mirror
    Toilet
    Sink
    Bathtub
    Organize Drawers
  • MASTER CLOSET
    Walls
    Floor
    Baseboards
    Organize Clothes
  • JAXON’S ROOM
    Walls
    Floor
    Baseboards
    Organize Clothes
    Organize Closet
    Paint?
  • PLAYROOM
    Walls
    Floor
    Baseboards
    Organize Toys
    Organize Closet
  • KAJA’S ROOM
    Walls
    Floor
    Baseboards
    Organize Clothes
    Organize Closet
    Bins to Storage
    Paint?
  • LAUNDRY
    Clean Washer/Dryer
  • 2nd BATHROOM
    Walls
    Floor
    Baseboards
    Toilet
    Sink
    Tub
    Organize Drawers
  • OFFICE
    Walls
    Floor
    Baseboards
    Organize Desk
    Organize Closet
    Put stuff away on the floor
  • UPSTAIRS HALLWAY
    Walls
    Floor
    Baseboards
    Attic Door
  • GARAGE
    Sweep Floor
    Santa Fe
    Mini-Van
  • DUST DOWNSTAIRS
  • WINDOWS DOWNSTAIRS
  • DUST UPSTAIRS
  • WINDOWS UPSTAIRS
  • DUST BLINDS
  • TOUCH-UP PAINT

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I have been doing my spring cleaning also!!! It is so nice when the house is clean. Most of the things you do, people won't notice, but you know they are clean!

Denise said...

You girls are putting me to shame. Like I told Andrea I close doors. Well, maybe you can say you get your responsibility from your mom! Yeah right!!

Kudos to you Andrea!